Swabian Instruments is one of the world’s leading companies for high-precision time measurement based in Stuttgart (Germany). We develop novel instrumentation for time-correlated single photon counting, including applications in quantum technology and life sciences, and optical data communication. Our revolutionary measurement architecture supports research across disciplines. Leading research institutions worldwide as well as industry customers with highest demands in time measurement rely on our technology. Our focus on flexibility and user-friendliness enables for them a strikingly faster implementation of their research and testing projects. In close collaboration with them, we create new software and hardware solutions to meet the needs of tomorrow’s scientists.
We are looking for an outstanding physicist (m/f/d) to join us as an Application Scientist (m/f/d). Your focus will be on using superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors (SNDPDs) with the Swabian Instruments Time Tagger, including novel approaches in photon number resolution (PNR). Your expertise in optics, quantum technology, superconductivity, or RF electronics is highly appreciated. We offer you a job role with close ties to academia and the possibility to grow with us.
- Together with our customers in academia and High-Tech, implement cutting edge pilot projects
- Collaborate with leading SNSPD manufacturers and research groups to implement novel solutions for high resolution number - resolving single photon detection
- Design and implement application-specific demo setups, test benches, and turn-key solutions
- Keep our growing Application Programming Interface clean, consistent, and user-friendly
- Engage with our customers at major scientific conferences and exhibitions
- PhD in physics or outstanding master in physics (master thesis with strong relation to the PNR topic)
- You are passionate about finding solutions to technical challenges
- Substantial expertise in data acquisition and data processing
- Robust knowledge of at least one of the programming languages supported by the Time Tagger, e.g. Python, C++, Matlab, C#, LabVIEW
- Good communication skills, result oriented
What you can expect
- Collaboration with customers at the world’s top research institutions
- Develop groundbreaking applications that enables the next generation of quantum technology
- Being an essential link between our developers, the sales team, and our customers
- Take responsibility in expanding our product palette and/or our global business
- An open minded working atmosphere with a flat organization and flexible working hours
- Top modern office space and working environment
How to apply
Are you the one? Submit your application via email today!