Swabian Instruments is a young research driven company based in Stuttgart, Germany. We develop novel instrumentation for the generation and acquisition of digital signals, with applications in quantum technology, life sciences, and timing & synchronization. Our revolutionary measurement architecture supports cutting edge research across disciplines. Hundreds of customers worldwide, many of them at the world’s leading research institutions, rely on our flexible instrumentation that enables a strikingly faster implementation of their research projects. In close collaboration with them, we create new software and hardware solutions to meet the needs of tomorrow’s scientists.
To serve our growing customer base and to expand our business in North America, we are establishing Swabian Instruments USA as a wholly-owned subsidiary. We are looking for a business developer with entrepreneurial and leadership skills to spearhead this endeavor. This is a permanent, full-time role based in the USA at a location yet to be established, reporting directly to Swabian Instruments’ CEO, who is based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Your entrepreneurial responsibilities
- Secure deals with our existing customers and find new business among research driven organizations ranging from ivy league universities to small and large tech companies
- Represent Swabian Instruments at major scientific exhibitions and trade shows
- Recruit, train, and lead a small, highly skilled sales team
- Build, organize and grow Swabian Instruments USA
Your sales responsibilities
- Prospect for potential new customers and turn this into increased business.
- Identify potential customers and the decision makers within the customers’ organization.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Plan approaches and develop proposals that speak to the prospects’ needs and objectives.
- Set up meetings and build relationships with customers’ decision makers.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and quotations; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Achieve agreed upon growth and profit targets.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose and enhance its performance.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in technical sales and business development roles within scientific instrumentation, test & measurement, optics, semiconductor, IT, or related fields
- Great team player, strong drive. Willing to take a leadership role, strong business acumen, and negotiation abilities.
- Strong sales skills. Ability to listen, reflect and understand customer needs.
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on business cases and strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in winning technically complex deals.
- Demonstrated success in establishing teaming agreements with vendors or partners.
- Knowledge of research driven industry verticals like Quantum Technology, Photonics, Life Sciences, Semiconductor.
- Some understanding of research oriented programming languages, e.g., Python, Matlab is a plus
- Ability to travel 20%
What you can expect
- The brightest minds as your customers
- A strong blend of responsibility, fun, and ambition that will drive your success
- Possibility to opt for 30 days paid annual leave
- Mobile and flexible working
- Carefully selected training by external sales and management coaches is available
Are you the one? Contact us by phone or submit your application by email today!