Swabian Instruments, located in Stuttgart, Germany, is a research-driven company that develops innovative instrumentation for scientific measurements. While our technology emerged from photonic quantum computing, we have recently taken up the challenge to rethink dynamic light scattering. By applying our groundbreaking photon counting technology to DLS, we are proposing a new series of unique solutions for particle sizing. We strive to enable our customers, e.g., MIT, Harvard University, Cambridge University and NASA, to solve their measurement and analysis challenges efficiently. In 2019, our team was a finalist in Germany’s most prestigious entrepreneur award, the Deutscher Gründerpreis, and won second place at the Stuttgarter Innovation Award in 2021.
With your outstanding C++ skills and extensive experience in software engineering, you want to develop and maintain C++ software projects for high-performance measurement instrumentation and therefore contribute to the research of tomorrow. You’re striving for taking responsibility for software development processes like designing architectures and maintaining continuous integration and build setups.
- Take responsibility for the C++ software of our test and measurement devices: research requirements, develop features, maintain the codebase, conduct releases, …
- Work on all aspects of our software from interfacing FPGAs to algorithms for high-throughput numerical data processing to high-level language bindings
- Maintain and improve our build infrastructure: GitlabCI, CMake, WiX, dpkg, …
- Optionally: design and implement FPGA designs
- Completed studies in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Proficiency in C++ with several years of experience is an absolute must
- Significant contributions to large C++ software projects in the past
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns and software engineering
- Very good in written and spoken English and a sense for good communication
- Experience in other programming languages like Python, C# and MATLAB is a plus
What you can expect
- Stick to your own flow: we offer flexible and trust-based working hours
- First-class IT and office equipment on every workspace
- You can flexibly switch between working in our modern office and wherever you like
- A strong blend of responsibility, fun, and ambition that will drive your success
- Team events: monthly get-together, movienight…
- Coffee specialties, tea and fruits for free - ice cream in the summer :)
- Train, car or bike: good public transport connections, parking space and bike leasing
How to apply
Are you the one? Contact us by phone or submit your application via email today!