Who we are
Swabian Instruments is a research-driven company based in Stuttgart, Germany. We develop novel instrumentation for generating and acquiring digital signals, with applications in timing & synchronization, life sciences, and quantum technology. Two key components are contributing to our success: combining high-performance hardware and an intuitive yet powerful software engine that streamlines data processing and analysis in real-time. Ultimately, this makes it possible for our customers, e.g., MIT, Harvard University, Cambridge University, and NASA, to solve their measurement and analysis challenges efficiently.
In 2019, our team was a finalist in Germany’s most prestigious entrepreneur award, the Deutscher Gründerpreis, and won second place at the Stuttgarter Innovation Award in 2022.
Your role in our application team
As an experienced software engineer and architect, you will be a key person within Swabian Instruments’ growing application team. You will take over project responsibility for the technical implementation and roadmap, as well as being a major contributor to our codebase.
With an optimized front-end developed, your work will enable our customers to access our measurement and analysis API in a user-friendly and efficient way.
Your contribution to our team
- Design and implement new high-performance C# front-ends
- Maintain and improve our existing C# front-ends
- Focus on high code quality providing robust, maintainable, and extendable code
- Provide an excellent user experience for our high-end measurement devices
- Develop high throughput C++ APIs (optional)
What you bring to our team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering
- Experience with C# and WPF is an absolute must
- Proven track record of key contributions to high-performance GUIs
- Applied knowledge of software design patterns, both GUI and API design
- Experience with Reactive UI, C++ , and/or measurement instrumentation is a plus
What makes the difference for you
- You will shape the user experience for state-of-the-art measurement devices that are presently at the world’s top research institutions
- Tech stack: Visual Studio 2022, .NET 6, .NET 4.8, WPF, MVVM, Syncfusion, ReactiveUI, xUnit
- GitLab and CI/CD are used to build and test our applications
- A strong blend of responsibility, fun, and ambition that will drive your success
- A high-end notebook, docking station, as many displays as you want, home-office equipment
- An open-minded working atmosphere with a flat organization and flexible working hours
- Internal development and coaching events, coffee specialties, tea and fruits for free - ice cream in summer :)