Swabian Instruments, located in Stuttgart, Germany, is a research-driven company that develops innovative instrumentation for scientific measurements. While our technology emerged from photonic quantum computing, we have recently taken up the challenge to rethink dynamic light scattering. By applying our groundbreaking photon counting technology to DLS, we are proposing a new series of unique solutions for particle sizing. We strive to enable our customers, e.g., MIT, Harvard University, Cambridge University and NASA to solve their measurement and analysis challenges efficiently. In 2019, our team was a finalist in Germany’s most prestigious entrepreneur award, the Deutscher Gründerpreis, and won second place at the Stuttgarter Innovation Award in 2021.
You are a dedicated and experienced hardware developer with a proven track record in PCB design and electronics engineering. Your passion for pushing the boundaries of technology aligns perfectly with our mission to revolutionize the field of high-performance digital measurement devices. You want to take responsibility for the whole hardware development process, starting from the requirements to turning on hardware.
- Design high-speed electronic circuits on schematic and layout level in Altium
- Develop prototypes of new designs and conduct turn-on and characterization
- Develop new products by analyzing requirements and researching implementability
- Implement improvements and updates for existing designs and maintain them
- Work on the product level, e.g. by coordinating with our mechanical engineering
- Optionally: develop FPGA designs, embedded firmware or Python scripts
- Bachelor or Master in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience in PCB and circuit design is a must, experience in RF design a plus
- You take responsibility for hardware development on the product level
- Excellent communication skills in German and English (written and spoken)
- Stick to your own flow: we offer flexible and trust-based working hours
- First-class IT and office equipment on every workspace
- You can flexibly switch between working in our modern office and wherever you like
- A strong blend of responsibility, fun, and ambition that will drive your success
- Team events: monthly get-together, movienight…
- Coffee specialties, tea and fruits for free - ice cream in the summer :)
- Train, car or bike: good public transport connections, parking space and bike leasing
How to apply
Contact us by phone or submit your application via email today!