Swabian Instruments is a rapidly growing high-tech start-up from Stuttgart (Germany) that is developing world leading FPGA based time-to-digital converters (TDCs) with a timing jitter down to 2.7 ps. Among its customers are top research institutions worldwide, such as MIT, NASA, Harvard University, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, and Max-Planck-Institutes. Swabian Instruments’ technology serves applications ranging from quantum technology and photonics to life sciences. In 2019 the team was a finalist of Germany’s most important entrepreneur award, the Deutscher Gründerpreis. This makes Swabian Instruments a top-class R&D employer.
Two videos from the Deutscher Gründerpreis about Swabian Instruments can be found here:
We are a young and inspiring team that is looking for bright, self-motivated individuals who are enthusiastic about providing enabling technology to top research institutions worldwide. We offer you a job role with plenty of freedom and the possibility to grow with us.
Would you like to know more about Swabian Instruments? Give us a call or contact us by e-mail today!
Marlene Pfisterer und Nina Konrad, +49 711 400479-91, career -at- swabianinstruments -dot- com
Our R&D team is designing novel high-speed time-to-digital converters and digital pattern generators for quantum computers and related scientific experiments. We are looking for outstanding FPGA developers to become part of this challenge. We offer you an engineering position with a challenging mission statement within high-throughput instrumentation, and the possibility to become a key person in Swabian Instruments’ growing R&D team.
- Design low jitter FPGA based time-to-digital converters
- Develop FPGA cores for demanding digital pattern generation
- Implement an output delay calibration on the picosecond time scale
- Design an FPGA based TCP implementation utilizing the DRAM
- (optionally) design C++ interfaces for our FPGA cores
- (optionally) contribute to the analog design of our digital pattern generators
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Excellent FPGA design skills is an absolute must
- Proven track record of key contributions to high-performance FPGA cores
- C++ or analog design skills are a plus
What you can expect
- You will create FPGA cores for state of the art measurement equipment that will be used at the world’s top research institutions
- Being a key person in our development team
- An open-minded working atmosphere with a flat organization and flexible working hours
Are you the one? Contact us by phone or submit your application by email today!
Nina Konrad, +49 711 400479-91, career -at- swabianinstruments -dot- com