C++ Developer (m/f/d) - Backend for Quantum Instrumentation
Published: 15 January 2020
Our R&D team is designing versatile backends for our measuring instrumentation for quantum computers and related scientific experiments. We are looking for outstanding software engineers to become part of this challenge. We offer you a developer position with a challenging mission statement within high-throughput C++ backend design, and the possibility to become a key person in Swabian Instruments’ growing R&D team.
- Design and implement C++ backends for quantum technology instrumentation
- Take part in the maintenance of our full-stack CI from FPGA to GUI
- Implement high-level language bindings (e.g. Python, C#) e.g. with SWIG
- Take part in FPGA firmware development (optional)
- Bachelor or Master degree in Software Engineering
- Excellent C++ skills is an absolute must
- Proven track record of key contributions to high-performance C++ code
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Good knowledge of high-level languages such as Python, C#
- Experience with measuring instruments is a plus
What you can expect
- You will create the foundation of state of the art measuring instruments that will be used at the world’s top research institutions
- Being a key person in our development team
- An open-minded working atmosphere with a flat organization and flexible working hours
Are you the one? Contact us by phone or submit your application by email today!
Markus Wick (CTO), +49 711 400479-91, career -at- swabianinstruments -dot- com
Swabian Instruments is a rapidly growing high-tech start-up from Stuttgart (Germany) that is developing world leading FPGA based time-to-digital converters (TDCs) with a timing jitter down to 2.7 ps. Among its customers are top research institutions worldwide, such as MIT, NASA, Harvard University, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, and Max-Planck-Institutes. Swabian Instruments’ technology serves applications ranging from quantum technology and photonics to life sciences. In 2019 the team was a finalist of Germany’s most important entrepreneur award, the Deutscher Gründerpreis. This makes Swabian Instruments a top-class R&D employer.
Two videos from the Deutscher Gründerpreis about Swabian Instruments can be found here:
We are a young and inspiring team that is looking for bright, self-motivated individuals who are enthusiastic about providing enabling technology to top research institutions worldwide. We offer you a job role with plenty of freedom and the possibility to grow with us.
Would you like to know more about Swabian Instruments? Give us a call or contact us by e-mail today!
Marlene Pfisterer, +49 711 400479-91, career -at- swabianinstruments -dot- com