FPGA Developer (m/f/d) - Instrumentation for Quantum Computing
Published: 15 January 2020
Our development team is designing novel high speed digital pattern generators for quantum computers and related scientific experiments. We are looking for outstanding FPGA developers to become part of this challenge. We offer you an engineering position with a challenging mission statement within high end instrumentation within quantum technology, and the possibility to become a key person in Swabian Instruments’ growing R&D team.
- Design high performance FPGA cores for complex digital pattern generation
- Design low jitter FPGA based time-to-digital converters
- Manage the CI for Swabian Instruments FPGA cores (optional)
- Contribute to C++ backend design for our FPGA cores (optional)
- Contribute to the hardware design for our digital pattern generators (optional)
- Bachelor, Master or Doctor degree in electrical engineering or similar
- Excellent FPGA design skills
- Experience with C++ backend design is a plus
- Care for the detail
- Good communication skills
What you can expect
- You will create FPGA cores for state of the art measurement equipment that will be used at the world’s top research institutions
- Being a key person in our development team
- An open minded working atmosphere with a flat organization and flexible working hours
Are you the one? Contact us by phone or submit your application by email today!
Markus Wick (CTO), +49 711 400479-91, career -at- swabianinstruments -dot- com
Swabian Instruments is a rapidly growing high-tech start-up from Stuttgart (Germany) that is developing world leading FPGA based time-to-digital converters (TDCs) with a timing jitter down to 2.7 ps. Among its customers are top research institutions worldwide, such as MIT, NASA, Harvard University, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, and Max-Planck-Institutes. Swabian Instruments’ technology serves applications ranging from quantum technology and photonics to life sciences. In 2019 the team was a finalist of Germany’s most important entrepreneur award, the Deutscher Gründerpreis. This makes Swabian Instruments a top-class R&D employer.
Two videos from the Deutscher Gründerpreis about Swabian Instruments can be found here:
We are a young and inspiring team that is looking for bright, self-motivated individuals who are enthusiastic about providing enabling technology to top research institutions worldwide. We offer you a job role with plenty of freedom and the possibility to grow with us.
Would you like to know more about Swabian Instruments? Give us a call or contact us by e-mail today!
Marlene Pfisterer, +49 711 400479-91, career -at- swabianinstruments -dot- com