Pulse Streamer 8/2 firmware update V0.9 -> V1.0.2
- stream fully arbitrary patterns on all channels without any bandwidth restrictions (no underflows any more)
- improved examples for Python, Matlab, and LabVIEW
- automatic rearm in hardware trigger mode
UPDATE IS NOT FULLY BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE: If you have used the V0.9, you have to update your programs to the new API. Please check the migration document API_migration.pdf before you apply the update.
Update process consists of two stages: firmware update and license file installation.
In case you have already updated your Pulse Streamer to the V1.0-firmware, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download the zip file with the firmware updater.
IMPORTANT: The following update process works only in case you have not modified the initial network configuration and you are connected to the device via DHCP. In case it has been changed by editing
on the device itself or you can’t use DHCP, please contact Swabian Instruments before the update.
1) Unzip downloaded archive for example to c:\pulsestreamer
2) Start windows shell (press Windows+R, type cmd and hit Enter)
3) In the Windows shell select the folder with the update files
> cd c:\pulsestreamer
4) Run the update script with hostname or IP address as parameter
> update_system.bat pulsestreamer
or in case the IP address should be used
> update_system.bat IP_ADDRESS
where IP_ADDRESS is the address of the Pulse Streamer, e.g. 192.168.0.1
At the end of the update process the serial number and MAC addresses will be shown on the command window, which will look similar to shown below
5) Copy the serial and MAC address lines and send them via email to our support team email@example.com. We will provide the licence key within 24h via email.
6) After receiving the license file you need to copy it to your folder with the update files and install it by running
Enjoy improved functionality of the Pulse Streamer! Download the new examples for the new firmware version, which are provided with the installer, as well as simple graphical user interface for the download page.